Black Box Luxury Home – Western Australia
This home is a beautiful example of the performance of Abodo’s® Vulcan Cladding in NERO finish after three years of weathering. It’s performing very well, with no recoat. The exterior appearance of the timber still looks great, and the homeowners are extremely satisfied with the product.
For this project, Abodo Vulcan Cladding in NERO finish (WB10S profile) was selected for 2 reasons:
- The homeowner was searching for a dark aesthetic
- Timber stability and longevity
Due to its exposure to all the elements, the color has performed exceptionally well given it’s located in the harsh climate of Western Australia, where conditions can be incredibly dry and hot. The cladding had a coat of NERO factory finish and then another two after it was installed.
Vulcan Cladding was very simple to install – and it was easy to carry around on site since it’s lightweight. Some early scheduling on set-up and flashing details will bring enormous benefits to the end results.
Valento Homes receives consistently positive feedback on this project, which has been a major focus on its website, especially given the dramatic effect of the design and the dark timber cladding.
For Valento Homes it has been so successful that Vulcan Cladding has become a Go-to-Timber for future projects:
- It gives Valento Homes the flexibility to use it for external applications (NOTE – Abodo Vulcan Cladding & decking is offered for exteriors, however, Vulcan is not available for interior applications as of yet)
- Vulcan is available in a range of finishes and colors
- The timber is lightweight and easy to work with
- Vulcan is incredibly stable, so Valento Homes hasn’t had to deal with maintenance issues. This is also a huge plus for their clients and the style of homes they construct
Abodo® is a registered trademark owned by Abodo Wood Limited.