ELK is 100% locally sourced and manufactured in the USA. Thermal modification is a process that changes the wood’s cell structure with heat and steam, making it weather-resistant and extremely durable for outdoor applications. Supported by a 25-year warranty, the product’s performance is emphasized by its strong durability in diverse weather conditions. Our thermally modified Red Oak offering is an innovative solution for modern cladding designs.
Benefits of Thermally Modified North American Red Oak from reSAWN TIMBER co.:
- FSC®-Certified: reSAWN’s Red Oak is sustainably harvested from FSC®-Certified forests. Foresters are certified through the Pennsylvania Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI).
- WUI Compliant: Safest wood choice for projects located in wildland-urban interface zones.
- Structurally Sound: Outstanding dimensional stability. Resistant to shrinking, swelling, or warping, making it an ideal choice for outdoor applications.
- Moisture Resistant: The heat treatment modifies the wood’s cell structure reducing potential for moisture absorption.
- 100% Grown and Produced in the USA: This product is locally cultivated, designed, and manufactured in Pennsylvania, USA.
- Chemical Free: Safe production process, no oil, plastic, resin, wax, or other additives.
- Warranty: Supported by a 25-year warranty against rot and decay.
- ASTM E84 Class C.
- SFM 12-7A-1 – WUI Exterior Wall Siding and Sheathing.
Sustainable Attributes of ELK:
- Zero VOC (volatile organic compounds) Finish (0 g/L).
- Protect Rainforests: A safer alternative to tropical rainforests species.
- Low Carbon Footprint: Fully sourced and produced in the USA and is an environmentally compatible substitute for carbon-intensive materials.
- Environmentally Compatible: 100% recyclable and reusable, naturally renewable.