INTRODUCING :: ABODO WOOD IN THE USA
lifetime beauty with tomorrow in mind
reSAWN TIMBER co. is proud to be the exclusive manufacturer and distributor of ABODO® thermally modified Vulcan cladding and decking products in the USA.
Based in New Zealand, ABODO prides itself on producing a range of beautiful and durable timber solutions that are safe, sustainable, and renewable. The company has a strong ethos around ensuring its timber is ethically sourced and demonstrates extended producer responsibility. From milling to building, they respect their material, the people who use it, and where it comes from. For every tree milled, Abodo ensures it provides more than 30 years of service, which is as long as it takes to grow a replacement tree.
Benefits of Specifying ABODO Vulcan Cladding
- Outstanding dimensional stability, resulting in less aesthetic maintenance and therefore less coating over the lifetime of the product.
- All ABODO wood is produced from well managed sustainable sources including FSC® and other regionally certified woods. reSAWN TIMBER co. holds an FSC® Chain of Custody Certification, as well.
- Low carbon footprint: Abodo wood is an environmentally compatible substitute for carbon-intensive materials.
- 100% recyclable and reusable, naturally renewable.
- Warranty: 15 years against fungal decay*.
- Moisture content: Approx. 7% MC (+/- 2%) at time of dispatch. It does not require acclimation prior to installation.
- Vulcan has little or no corrosiveness on most metals (equivalent to untreated softwood) and can be placed in contact with most building materials Normal PVA, PU, MUF glues, and RF resins can be used.
- Expected dimensional change in structure: Width expansion approx 2%, length expansion approx 0.25%, thickness expansion approx 2.5% (from 7% MC to fiber saturation -variation will occur between boards).
- Vulcan Cladding is approximately 50% more stable than flat sawn Radiata Pine.
- Glue: New generation polyurethane adhesive – VOC, solvent, and formaldehyde-free.
- Thermally modified pine is resistant to most wood-boring insects.
- Weight: 2lbs/sf (light weight cladding).
- ASTM D5824 – Delamination Resistance.
- ASTM D4442 – Moisture Content.
- Low VOC (85 g/L). * Our STERLING product is 0 VOC.
- SFM 12-7A-1 – WUI Exterior Wall Siding and Sheathing
This modern take on kiwi bach living features Abodo’s Vulcan timber cladding and screening.
Designed by Redbox Architects as a series of sleeping cabins with glass linkways, the bach is built around a central entertaining space and outdoor deck opening toward the wetland and gardens.
Vulcan Cladding in Sioo:x finish provides a natural, fresh contrast to the Vulcan Screening in Teak finish for the entry and garage (including a hidden timber garage door).
Benefits of Specifying Pre-Weathered Exterior Wood Cladding
Wood is a natural, sustainable material. As such, when it’s continually exposed to environmental elements such as moisture, sunlight, and wind the physical attributes of the material changes and aesthetically evolves over time.
WHAT IS WEATHERING?
Weathering is defined as the chemical and physical changes that take place when timber is exposed to weather. Weathering factors that are responsible for the changes are: moisture (rain, snow, dew, and humidity), oxygen, solar radiation (ultra-violet (UV), visible, and infrared light), and temperature.
SCHEDULE A CEU PRESENTATION
An approved AIA CES Provider, reSAWN TIMBER co. is excited to present its course on wood as exterior cladding for one (1) LU credit. reSAWN examines the sustainable, performance, and aesthetic benefits and innovations that have made exterior wood cladding an ideal material for architectural projects.
ABOUT reSAWN TIMBER co.
reSAWN TIMBER co. provides new and reclaimed wood products for architectural specifications for flooring, interior wall cladding, ceilings, exterior siding, furniture and custom millwork.
Our carefully curated offering includes award-winning shou sugi ban charred woods, reclaimed woods, newly harvested american wood species and european oak. We provide only the highest quality materials milled to exacting standards and finished in a way that enhance the natural beauty of the wood. Our extensive offering includes wide plank flooring, FSC® Certified woods, and custom furniture with traditional joinery.
We specialize in meeting the needs of architects, designers and contractors, and providing superior service and guidance in developing your specifications. Our products can assist you in achieving your project goals in aesthetic, performance and sustainability. Contact us to learn more about our FSC® products.