MARENGO by reSAWN TIMBER co. features Accoya® wood with a rich texture that has been impregnated with a non-toxic grey pigment for a through body color. MARENGO can be used for interior or exterior wall cladding.
This product is unfinished and does not require a finish. It is intended to be a living finish that will weather naturally in place and requires no maintenance. MARENGO is grey from day 1 and can be used to achieve consistent color on all exterior surfaces regardless of facing (north, south, east, west) or application orientation (cladding, roofing, soffits, underside of canopy). This grey color can also be seamlessly carried into the interior walls or ceilings.
- Commercial Warranty: 50 year warranty on cladding, trim, and millwork
- Residential Warranty: 50 year warranty on cladding, trim, and millwork (except in Florida – for Florida commercial warranty length applies)
- Terms & Conditions apply -contact reSAWN for full warranty details
Accoya wood is the result of decades of research and development that has brought together a long-established, extensively proven wood modification technique and leading-edge patented technology – acetylation to create a high-performance wood, ideal for outdoor use and challenging applications.
By significantly enhancing the durability and dimensional stability of fast-growing and abundantly available certified wood species, Accoya wood provides compelling environmental advantages over slow-growing hardwoods (which are often unsustainably sourced), woods treated with toxic preservative chemicals, and non-renewable carbon-intensive materials such as plastics, steel, and concrete.
- The Accoya wood patented modification process adds nothing to the wood that does not already naturally occur in it
- Class 1 durability – facilitating a longer lifespan, improved carbon sequestration potential, and lower lifetime material consumption versus other materials
- Outstanding dimensional stability, resulting in lower maintenance frequency and therefore less coating over the lifetime of the product
- Superior thermal insulation, providing energy conservation advantages when used for applications such as windows and doors
- All Accoya wood is produced from well managed sustainable sources including FSC® and other regionally certified woods
- Low carbon footprint: Accoya wood is an environmentally compatible substitute for carbon-intensive materials
- Environmentally compatible: 100% recyclable and reusable, naturally renewable
- Rapidly renewable materials: use of abundantly available and fast-growing source species
Accoya wood has been tested over prolonged periods in all types of weathering conditions – above ground, below ground, and even in water – and has been proven to withstand even the toughest of external environments. Not only is its durability proven, but it has also been shown to retain its appearance, requiring much less frequent maintenance than other wood species. This gives added reassurance to the manufacturers, architects, specifiers, builders, and property owners who have chosen Accoya wood for a diverse range of projects. Accoya wood is also being tested for additional uses by leading independent institutes worldwide.