TARANAKI by reSAWN TIMBER co. features Abodo® carbon negative Flat Sawn Vulcan Cladding finished with Abodo Protector Oil which uses the latest in waterborne oil technology combining refined plant oils, UV protection, advanced water barrier composition and an enhanced fungicidal package for superior exterior performance. TARANAKI can be used for exterior cladding.
Vulcan thermally modified wood cladding is created from New Zealand plantation timber. reSAWN TIMBER co’s Abodo Flat Sawn Face Vulcan Cladding provides a unique, textured surface with beautiful grain depth. This flat sawn texture opens the wood grain to allow for optimal coating performance. The thermal modification process means Vulcan cladding has superior stability and reduced resin content.
Benefits of TARANAKI Vulcan Cladding:
- Outstanding dimensional stability
- Warranty: 15 years against fungal decay (contact reSAWN for warranty details)
- Moisture content : Approx. 7% MC (+/- 2%) at time of dispatch. Does not require acclimation prior to installation.
- Expected dimensional change in structure: Width expansion approx. 4%, length expansion approx. 0.25%, expansion approx. 2.5% (from 7% MC to fiber saturation – variation will occur between boards).
- Flat Sawn Vulcan Cladding is approximately 30% more stable than flat sawn Radiata Pine.
- Thermally modified pine is resistant to most wood boring insects.
- Weight: 2lbs/sf (light weight cladding).
- ASTM D4442 – Moisture Content.
- SFM 12-7A-1 – WUI Exterior Wall Siding and Sheathing (Vertical & Horizontal Applications)
Sustainable Attributes of TARANAKI Vulcan Cladding:
- Low VOC Finish (85 g/L)
- FSC® certified: Mix Credit
- Carbon negative footprint: Each square foot of Vulcan Cladding stores ~2lbs of carbon. Abodo wood is an environmentally compatible substitute for carbon intensive materials.
- 100% recyclable and reusable, naturally renewable
- Has received the Declare label from the International Living Future Institute affirming product is Red List Free.