OSPREY by reSAWN TIMBER co. features Abodo Vulcan Cladding finished with reSAWN’s 0-VOC Exterior Oil. reSAWN TIMBER co’s Abodo Smooth Face Vulcan Cladding is made using a proprietary brushing technique during manufacturing. Brushing the material opens the wood grain to allow for optimal coating performance. The brushing technique also provides a smooth, modern texture on the face of this unique clear vertical grain modified wood. OSPREY can be used for exterior cladding and interior wall & ceiling cladding.
Vulcan thermally modified wood cladding is created from New Zealand plantation timber and engineered with a patented vertical grain orientation for superior weathering characteristics. The thermal modification process and vertical grain structure means Vulcan cladding has superior stability and reduced resin content.
Benefits of OSPREY Vulcan Cladding:
- Outstanding dimensional stability
- Warranty: 15 years against fungal decay (contact reSAWN for warranty details)
- Moisture content : Approx. 7% MC (+/- 2%) at time of dispatch. Does not require acclimation prior to installation.
- Vulcan Cladding has little or no corrosiveness on most metals (equivalent to untreated softwood) and can be placed in contact with most building materials – normal PVA, PU, MUF glues and RF resins can be used.
- Expected dimensional change in structure: Width expansion approx 2%, length expansion approx 0.25%, thickness expansion approx 2.5% (from 7% MC to fiber saturation -variation will occur between boards).
- Vulcan Cladding is approximately 50% more stable than flat sawn Radiata Pine.
- Thermally modified pine is resistant to most wood boring insects.
- Weight: 2lbs/sf (light weight cladding).
- ASTM D5824 – Delamination Resistance.
- ASTM D4442 – Moisture Content.
- SFM 12-7A-1 – WUI Exterior Wall Siding and Sheathing (Vertical & Horizontal Applications)
Sustainable Attributes of OSPREY Vulcan Cladding:
- Zero VOC Finish (0 g/L)
- Glue: New generation polyurethane adhesive – VOC, solvent and formaldehyde free.
- FSC® certified: Mix Credit
- Low carbon footprint: Abodo wood is an environmentally compatible substitute for carbon intensive materials.
- 100% recyclable and reusable, naturally renewable
- Has received the Declare label from the International Living Future Institute affirming product is Red List Free.
OSPREY day 1 – scroll over image to see OSPREY weathered on exterior for 2 months