reSAWN TIMBER co.’s offering of Accoya® wood is expanding to include Accoya that has been impregnated with a non-toxic grey pigment for a through body color that is intended to be a living finish that will weather naturally in place and requires no maintenance – OXFORD, MARENGO, and GREY MATTER.
The advantage of these materials is that they are grey from day 1 and can be used to achieve consistent color on all exterior surfaces regardless of facing (north, south, east, west) or application orientation (cladding, roofing, soffits, underside of canopy). This grey color can also be seamlessly carried into the interior walls or ceilings.
WHY SPECIFY ACCOYA?
Accoya is wood, but not as you know it. It is modified timber in which a process called acetylation, a cutting-edge patented technology, enables it to resist rot, defy the elements and stay strong for decades. With warranties starting at 10 years and going up to 50 years, its performance and properties are remarkable. From joinery for the home to bridges submerged in water, Accoya wood is a leading material that stands up to every application challenge – decking, cladding, and more.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THROUGH BODY COLOR ACCOYA?
- Guaranteed durability backed by warranties:
- Commercial Warranty: 10 year warranty on Decking; 50 year warranty on cladding, trim, and millwork
- Residential Warranty: 25 year warranty on Decking; 50 year warranty on cladding, trim, and millwork (except in Florida – for Florida commercial warranty length applies)
- Beautiful grey color: The day one grey color means no wait time for a naturally grey product. The through body color grey ensures a consistently beautiful appearance from day one.
- No maintenance: Due to the through body grey color, OXFORD, MARENGO, and GREY MATTER do not have to be re-oiled regularly or re-colored after scratches.
- Barefoot friendly: In addition to Accoya’s durability and dimensional stability, Accoya wood rarely warps and hardly cracks or splinters. OXFORD, when used as decking, will feel soft underfoot in the long term.
WILL OXFORD, MARENGO, AND GREY MATTER STAY GREY?
Through body color Accoya products are colored grey from the surface to the core, requiring less maintenance. These products are grey from day one, so there is no need to wait for the wood to weather or naturally patina. The coloring will stay grey without oiling or re-dying. Since the grey color is all the way through the board, it also means scratches and scrapes are not visible.
WHY SPECIFY reSAWN’s THROUGH BODY COLOR ACCOYA?
We work with woods’ natural tendency to grey, not against it. Our products look beautiful on day one and continue to as nature takes over – with little to no aesthetic maintenance needed. Each board works cohesively together yet each board has its own visual story. The result is modern originality & inherent textural beauty with each and every project.
Samples of our Through Body Color Accoya products are available for architects and designers at no cost and shipped via UPS Ground. Click on the button below to order samples.